If you're looking for ways to get involved in your community, attending council meetings is a great start. The City of Newark's municipal council meetings take place bi-monthly to discuss important issues and hear directly from Newark residents.
Municipal council meetings in Newark are held the first Wednesday of each month at 12:30 p.m., and the third Wednesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the Municipal Council Chamber in City Hall.
Newark residents can sign up to speak at council meetings and voice their opinions to the Municipal council.
How do I sign up to speak at a council meeting?
Newark residents can sign up to speak at municipal council meetings in six easy steps.
- Find out when the next council meeting is.
- Council meetings are held the first Wednesday of each month at 12:30 p.m. and the third Wednesday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
- Complete the Hearing of Citizen sign-up form.
- You can find the form
- Hit the blue “Submit & Sign” button.
- This will
- allow you
- to create an electronic signature for your document.
- Once you have created a signature, move on to the next step.
- Hit the yellow “Finalize & Submit” button
- Send a copy of the form to yourself and the Civilian Review Board office.
- Using the blue envelope icon on the top right of the “Thank You” page, e-mail a copy of the form to yourself and the Civilian Review Board (
- Call the Civilian Complaint Review Board (CCRB) before the meeting to confirm that they received your form.
- The phone number for the CCRB is (973)-792-9160. You can call Monday through Friday between
- 9 am
- 4 pm
It is important to knowwhen the next meeting is before you sign up to speak becausethesign-upperiod begins the day after the last meeting and ends at 12 noon onFridaybefore the next meeting.
Want to catch up on previous municipal council meetings?
You can watch the archived live streams of previous municipal council meetings HERE.
Have questions or comments? Reach out to us! firstname.lastname@example.org